This past 365 days were loaded with reminders of just why so many figures in the sports world, individually or collectively, are considered absolute creeps. Without further ado let’s take a look at the five biggest creeps in sports in my opinion.
5. JOE PATERNO – I think it’s harsh when people use words like “doddering old fool” to describe Joe Paterno or to imply that he would lose a battle of wits to Grandpa Simpson so I won’t do that. However, I will point out that Joe just seems to wander around the sidelines occassionally shouting at some red-haired guy whose only job may be to let Joe think he’s still in charge by listening to his rants for all I know (I’m kidding!). Joe should leave and let his assistants, who, by many accounts, are the ones really running the team now, get some of the recognition that they are due. Joe’s motto seems to be “I am bigger than Penn State and I will stick around until I have undone every positive thing I accomplished in the distant past with this team!” Joe’s huffiness when he’s asked questions any head coach needs to be asked is another reason why he’s on this list.
4. REPORTERS WHO PILED ON DEREK ANDERSON – Yes, in a world where athletes run savage dog- fighting rings, commit domestic violence on an almost daily basis and also commit outright crimes sports reporters ridiculously got outraged that Arizona Cardinals quarterback Derek Anderson and a teammate were laughing during a bad loss. Then, in their typically ugly fashion, other sports reporters piled on Anderson just because he justifiably got annoyed at the idiotic badgering he was getting from some jerk of a reporter. Sports reporters mistakenly think they are important and get outraged when people treat them like they deserve. For my longer bit detailing why these reporters are such creeps click here: https://glitternight.com/2010/11/30/this-just-in-sports-reporters-have-never-laughed-during-any-of-their-many-failures/
3. RANDY MOSS – Moss personally reminded all of us that many professional athletes are snobbish, spoiled jerks with the way he was being cruel to a real working person in the form of the caterer he trashed. That whole tirade was almost comical in the way it was reminiscent of Nigel Tufnel’s intentionally hilarious catering complaint in This Is Spinal Tap But Moss committed the crime the NFL won’t forgive. Bullying the working class is okay in their eyes, but not catching enough balls is unacceptable and Moss got his comeuppance by becoming a non-entity as he bounced from team to team. I’m sure the caterer is somewhere laughing his ass off about all this even as we speak.
2. THE MIAMI HURRICANES – It’s no secret that Division 1 sports is one big slime- pit. No team has better represented that fact than “Da U” and its long line of thugs, animals and criminals. At least that’s how it was until Randy Shannon came along. Shannon was hired after the debacle of the U’s on-field brawl with Florida International and succeeded in getting his players to graduate and to refrain from acts that get people arrested. A nine-win season was followed by a seven -win season and that gave the loonies at Miami the transparent excuse they needed to get rid of Coach Shannon and end the progress he was making. Look for “Da U” to once again be bringing in players that belong in prison in their obsessive quest to recapture the glory days when they won in dishonest ways that resulted in various sanctions against the institution in the 1990’s. For my initial take on the Randy Shannon firing click here: https://glitternight.com/2010/11/30/balladeers-blog-fake-expose-the-real-reason-the-u-fired-randy-shannon/
1. BRETT FAVRE – The Ollll’ Interception Machine more than deserves his place at the top of this list. We all grew tired of his drama queen antics, his excuses, his moronic droning and we loved it when the Packers and the Jets both improved after he left. Plus it was a Christmas gift to the world seeing Phony Phavre smashed to the turf a little while back. But Bawlin’ Brett went from pathetic and annoying to outright contemptible when the Jenn Sterger situation surfaced and that was followed up most recently with the NFL Fanhouse report that Favre and the Jets were being sued for sexual harassment by two former massage therapists. It makes you think Favre’s image as an uncomplicated family man was as phony as his long-lost image as a team player. Not only that, but even though Tiger Woods took a P.R. beating for having affairs with various women all we hear about Favre is how he keeps getting rejected by women, making him seem even more pathetic than we all thought he was. For being all about himself and never the teams he plays for, for getting coaches fired when he himself may well have been the problem and for the hilarious way ESPN reporters crawl on their bellies for him Brett “Aw Shucks” Favre is Balladeer’s Blog’s Official Biggest Creep In Sports!
For my fake Q&A with the NFL’s interceptions leader click here: https://glitternight.com/2010/12/30/jenn-who-heres-my-fake-q-and-a-with-the-incredibly-fake-brett-favre/
40 responses to “THE FIVE BIGGEST CREEPS IN SPORTS”
Joe Paterno? Really? I don’t get it. Favre is spot on but Joe Paterno? I can think of hundreds of sports figures bigger creeps than Joe Paterno… whatever
Watch a few of his press conferences .This guy can barely speak in complete sentences, seldom seems to know what’s going on yet acts like royalty when he is asked tough questions like any head coach would need to answer. Also, watch him on the sidelines. He doesn’t hold a clipboard, doesn’t wear headphones, gives no indication that he knows what’s going on yet refuses to step aside and let his assistants get the recognition they deserve.
I was so sure Mike Vick would’ve been on this list…
He was at number 6. He hasn’t done anything jerky lately (outside of buying that $90,000 car when he owes his creditors millions) otherwise he would have been higher. Thanks for commenting!
You are quite welcome!
Being an Eagle fan, I sware he better not show his jerkiness in the next couple weeks.
Many people would put him higher in this list. I sware you mention the word Pit Bull and his name automatically gets brought up.
I don’t know these guys but they sound like jerks to me…hehe
You rip on da U about recruiting thugs while at the same time rip on Paterno who has never recruited thugs, recruiting scandals or players arrests, and has had one of the highest rates of player graduation in the NCAA for decades. His program has been the exact opposite of everything da U stands. The two picks contradict each other. No way Joe belongs on this list. Especially on a list that excludes Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, LeBron James and Ben Rothliesberger??? If you add Randy Moss to those four, you have The Real Top Five.
Interesting take. I appreciate the feedback on that. The only reason LeBron wasn’t on this list was that he has made all my other negative lists and I figured my readers were getting bored with my takes on him.
Especially Paterno! What a acreep!
You said it!
You said this perfectly! Especially about Paterno! It’s like you read the future!
Ha! Or I read Paterno’s asinine personality perfectly.
You were on to what a piece of garbage Paterno was earlier than most other people.
Watching his press conferences did the trick. What an ass. And knowing the behaved that same pompous way while covering up multiple child rapes according to the Freeh Report makes him even more deserving of contempt.
An [url=http://www.adidajpsale.com]アディダススニーカー[/url] shop in[url=http://www.a-didasjpsports.com]adidas スニーカー [/url] Global City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
[url=http://www.adidajpsale.com]アディダスカントリー[/url] AG ([url=http://www.a-didasjpsports.com]アディダススニーカー [/url]) is a German multinational corporation that [url=http://www.adidajpsale.com]adidas スニーカー[/url] and [url=http://www.a-sicsjpheya.com]アシックススニーカー[/url] sports clothing and [url=http://www.a-sicsjpheya.com]asics スニーカー[/url] accessories based in [url=http://www.a-didasjpsports.com]アディダスカントリー [/url] , Bavaria, Germany.[url=http://www.a-sicsjpheya.com]アシックスランニングシューズ”[/url] Frequently [url=http://www.long-champjpheya.com]ロンシャンバッグ[/url] mispronounced as [url=http://www.long-champjpheya.com]ロンシャントート[/url] (German pronunciation:[url=http://n-ikejpheya.com ]ナイキ スニーカー [/url]). It is the [url=http://www.long-champjpheya.com]ロンシャン折りたたみ[/url]holding company for [url=http://www.long-champjpheya.com]ロンシャン[/url] the [url=http://www.loewejpheya.com]ロエベ バッグ[/url], which consists of the [url=http://www.loewejpheya.com]ロエベアマソナ[/url]sportswear company, [url=http://n-ikejpheya.com ]NIKE スニーカー [/url]-Adidas golf company (including [url=http://n-ikejpheya.com ]ナイキランニングシューズ”[/url]), Rockport, and[url=http://www.loewejpheya.com]ロエベ[/url] of [url=http://www.loewejpheya.com]Loewe[/url]Bayern Munich. [url=http://www.newbalancesenmonjp.com]ニューバランス スニーカー[/url] Besides sports footwear,[url=http://www.newbalancesenmonjp.com]ニューバランスランニングシューズ[/url] also produces other products such as bags,[url=http://www.newbalancesenmonjp.com]ニューバランスレディーススニーカー[/url] shirts, watches, eyewear, and[url=http://www.longchamptop.com]ロンシャンバッグ[/url]- and[url=http://www.longchamptop.com]ロンシャントート[/url] clothing-related goods. [url=http://www.longchamptop.com]ロンシャン折りたたみ[/url] is the largest sportswear manufacturer in Germany and Europe [url=http://www.longchamptop.com]ロンシャン[/url] and the [url=http://www.newbalancesenmonjp.com/n_b_574-127-keywords.html ]ニューバランス 574[/url]second biggest [url=http://www.newbalancesenmonjp.com/n_b_996-120keywords.html ]ニューバランス996 [/url]sportswear [url=http://www.newbalancesenmonjp.com/n_b_1400-121keywords.html ]ニューバランス1400 [/url]manufacturer in the world.
[url=http://www.a-didasjpsports.com ]http://www.a-didasjpsports.com [/url]
[url=http://n-ikejpheya.com ]http://www.n-ikejpheya.com [/url]
[url=http://www.long-champjpheya.com ]http://www.long-champjpheya.com [/url]
[url=http://www.a-sicsjpheya.com ]http://www.a-sicsjpheya.com [/url]
[url=http://www.loewejpheya.com ]http://www.loewejpheya.com [/url]
[url=http://www.adidajpsale.com ]http://www.adidajpsale.com [/url]
[url=http://www.newbalancesenmonjp.com ]http://www.newbalancesenmonjp.com [/url]
[url=http://www.longchamptop.com ]http://www.longchamptop.com [/url]
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further post thanks once again.
Bret Favre is the biggest creep of them all.
I can see why so many people think so!
What’s up friends, good piece of writing and good urging commented here, I am truly enjoying by these.
What’s up colleagues, fastidious piece of writing and good urging commented at this place,
I am really enjoying by these.
Kempinski should happen to be in there, surely? Have you seen that site? Incredible. Absolutely amazing.
great post! thank you for sharing!I am forever saying that its hard to procure good help, but here is…I saw a writer talking about this on Tumblr and but…I think that you should write more on this topic.To the next. Cheers…
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info.
Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly return.
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you’re going
to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!
Awesome! Its really remarkable paragraph, I have got much
clear idea on the topic of from this post.
I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This post posted at this site
is in fact good.
Install a burglar system to alert you when possible threats come next to, or inside,
your own home. com is the most beneficial way available for you
to choose the protection camera and home security system for
protecting your property. Home security fence Visit a spot that specializes
in home based alarms and get what’s available.
The basic portion of a security alarm system is often a trigger which will alert the protection company and also the authorities
when triggered. Be certain that skylights in your home are durable and reliable.
I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for putting up. “The universe is not hostile, nor yet is it unfriendly. It is simply indifferent.” by John Andrew Holmes.
wow, awesome blog article. Fantastic.
Hey, thanks for the article post.Thanks Again. Want more.
I really like and appreciate your blog article. Awesome.
Really informative blog.Thanks Again. Will read on…