Jordan Nickelatti, in her first year playing volleyball for the Alverno Inferno, has been named to the Northern Athletics Conference All-Sportsmanship Team. She was a starter in all 25 games and compiled 37 kills (I’ll admit it- I’m all out of cute jokes playing on the volleyball term “kills”), 117 digs (And yes, she remembered to “Call before you dig”) and 19 service aces. Her 5 aces against the Indiana University Northwest Redhawks tied the Inferno’s 5-set-single- match record. Since Nickelatti will be keeping her talents in Milwaukee, it seemed a good time to subject her to some of Balladeer’s Blog’s usual probing, yet inane, questions.
Position: Defensive Specialist
Official Balladeer’s Blog Nickname: The Wisconsin Nickel
1. What should opponents fear the most from you? “I am very competetive and hate to lose.”
2. What individual accomplishment are you the proudest of after your first year with the Inferno? “Being named to the All-Sportsmanship Team as a freshman in my conference.”
3. What is your least favorite part of practice? “Conditioning on the boxes, considering I fell off one and it hurt.”
4. What are you majoring in? “Nursing, minoring in psychology.”
5. What is the one thing you would want people who’ve never met you to know about you? “I’m a complex person. Get to know me.”
7. What is the most laughably bad movie you’ve ever seen? “Napoleon Dynamite.”
So there you have it! A look at one of the Northern Athletics Conference’s rising stars. Years from now when Jordan is featured in documentaries about the greatest athletes of the 21st century remember Balladeer’s Blog had an exclusive Q&A with her before she became world-famous!
To follow Alverno Inferno athletics click here: http://athletics.alverno.edu/