Flavor Flav actually said this. I’m not sure where he and all the people agreeing with him on social media were when we were actually STILL THERE – oh, wait, I know! They were insisting we were only there for the oil and that we were racists and imperialists and should withdraw. People who pointed out that if Obama withdrew prematurely it would only strengthen the worst elements of Islamic terrorism in the region were labeled “warmongers.”
Well, okay “Flavor Flav” (lmao), let’s think about this:
* Say we go in, even with the U.N.’s backing like we did in 2003, how long before the exact same hypocrites around the world who want us to go in and “wipe out” ISIS lose interest in the conflict and start bashing us for doing so?
* The conflict alone would take YEARS, followed by a military commitment of DECADES or else groups similar to ISIS would simply take over AGAIN.
* As we saw LAST TIME AROUND, once the novelty of the war wears off with people like Flavor Flav and other entertainers they will start claiming we are just there “for the oil”. They’ll do their usual round of songs, movies, etc demanding an immediate withdrawal. We’ll be told once again that people around the world consider the U.S. “the greatest threat to peace.”
* AND once ISIS is “wiped out” and we’re working with other groups in the region to establish a stable post-ISIS government those same pious hypocrites will be excoriating us as “invaders” and “occupiers”. Iraqis who work with us to establish that stable government will be labeled a “puppet regime” and will get slaughtered when the inevitable, make-believe “anti-war” groups get their way and force ANOTHER premature withdrawal.
SO MAKE UP YOUR MINDS, SHALLOW PEOPLE OF THE WORLD. IF YOU WANT US TO GO IN DO YOU HAVE THE MATURITY AND COMMITMENT TO STICK WITH IT WHEN:
* Your favorite singer or actor or whatever is out in public denouncing the war as “blood for oil” or “a war of aggression” or “an imperial, racist war” or “cowboy diplomacy”
* We go through a change of administration while the war drags on and on and it’s possibly a Republican crook in the Oval Office instead of a Democratic crook
* Inevitably some anti-ISIS troops do something untoward and even though the perpetrators are being punished the whiny Left in the Western World wants to cripple the entire war effort because of it and is saying “WE’RE the real terrorists”
* The ever-repulsive 1960’s generation of American Liberals relentlessly try to exploit various aspects of ALL OF THE ABOVE ITEMS in their usual effort to relive their Vietnam War-protesting youth
* Some piece of garbage like Michael Moore makes a seriously dishonest film propagandizing for ISIS?
IF SO … Continue reading