Courtesy of Maritime College Sports Information, it’s a relaxed look at Privateers quarterback Joey Dickey, Official Balladeer’s Blog nickname: Jersey Joey. As reported in my look at noteworthy results from October 30th’s games the Privateers are 9-0 and already clinched the Eastern Collegiate Football Conference title. With just one game left in the regular season the only team that stands between Maritime College and perfection is the Gallaudet Bison.
THROGGS NECK, N.Y. – Maritime football sophomore quarterback Joe Dickey from Middletown, N.J., sat down with MaritimeAthletics.com recently to answer a couple questions on football, life and more.
1. Name – JOEY DICKEY
2. Hometown/High School – MIDDLETOWN, N.J./MIDDLETOWN NORTH
3. Position – QUARTERBACK
4. The best thing about being a Maritime football player is – WE ARE FAMILY
5. If I could play another sport at Maritime it would be – BASEBALL
6. Most interesting person I have ever met is – WHITEY FORD
8. One interest or hobby that would surprise people is – I AM A PROFESSIONAL DANCER
9. My best attribute as a football player is – MY CHARACTER
10. Since last fall, the thing I have worked on most as a football player is – WEIGHT LIFTING
11. My best football memory is – BEATING NORWICH FOR THE ECFC CHAMPIONSHIP
12. The best class/teacher I have taken at Maritime is – PROFESSOR PRETTI PARIKH, CALCULUS
13. This past summer I went to – I DROVE CHARTER BOATS BETWEEN FLORIDA AND NEW JERSEY
14. The hardest working player on the team is – ERIC PECCIA
15. The funniest player on the team is – RICKY MCCLAIN
16. The football player most likely to run for public office one day is – ALEX TODD
17. My favorite coach saying is – CAN’T BE BEAT, WON’T BE BEAT
18. The best sport movie of all time is – ANY GIVEN SUNDAY
19. Who is on your IPod top playlist – BON JOVI
20. What is your Facebook status right now – ECFC CHAMPS!!!